Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mum and Dad's 50th Anniversary

Sam, mum and dad loved the quilt, it was fantastic
Mum and dad cut their cake. I put the original cake topper on from mum and dad's wedding cake.


Christina feeding Jaylee and Carly a cupcake.


Tammy and Jared Tucker with their new addition, Levi.
Lynne and Peter Bourne

Aunty Ellen, Paula and Emma and Uncle Ted

Kerry's gorgeous family
Belinda and Jeff Newling, Laura and Ross Russell, Karen and Chris Coulson.
Anne Krok, John and Anne Duffy, Tammy Tucker, John Krok and Pete Dunn.

Kerry told some lovely and funny memories of when she was growing up.

Mum and dad listening to Kerry's speech.

I just put the picture below in so you could see some of the decorations. I had 10 lanterns around the backyard and from each lantern I hung a stream of 5 gold hearts. Each heart had a year of their marriage with something that happened that year. It was so windy that the gold hearts got tangled up with the lanterns. I was just grateful that the dust storms we have been having had cleared for the party.


1 comment:

sam said...

What a wonderful party! You're amazing Jane! I love the gold hearts idea. I'm so sad we couldn't be there. We're so excited to come out in November - it will be fun to get together again. Thanks for the photos - and for keeping the blog going while I've been slacking this year! Although, I'm slowly getting back into blogging. We've just started a quilt group in our ward, and we have a blog at battlecreekquilters.blogspot.com. We're working on a Jack-o-lantern this month, and then I think we'll start a Spring project to work on over the winter.