Well, I've been tagged by Kristen, so I have to post 7 random things about myself. Anybody who knows me knows I'm terrible at any sort of chain email/tell about yourself sort of thing. But just for Carrie, here are a few random facts about me:
Stupid things I've done:
(1) Watched the 4th of July fireworks, and a spectacular lightning show, chained to the top of Red Slab climb in Rock Canyon.
(2) Repelled out of my bedroom window, anchoring the rope to the toilet of our very old apartment.
(3) Broke up a fight at Denny's (see below) between two crack addicts and a motorcycle gang.
What I was like as a kid:
I used to read the encyclopedia from cover to cover. I think I even got grounded once for reading too much.
Jobs I've had:
Dry cleaning clerk, waitress at China Chef Cao (now condemned by the health department), waitress at Olive Garden, receptionist for waste management company, waitress at Denny's (scary night shift), PR assistant, executive receptionist, clerk at dysfunctional mortgage company, PR assistant for Tony Robbins, office and payroll assistant for BYU Grounds, Evaluation Assistant for BYU's CID, writing teacher at BYU, editor/evaluator for very bad LDS fiction, Business Manager for CID, editor for Independent Study, independent ghost writer/editor, script writer/producer for television series, Director of Operations for Roots Television
Car accidents I've had:
(1) A mentally unstable man stole his parents' car when they said they were putting him in treatment. He fled on the 805 Freeway during rush hour, driving between the lanes and pushing cars aside. I think he hit over 50 cars, and one of them was mine. They finally chased him down by helicopter, after the axle broke on his suburban and he fled on foot.
(2)Someone backed into my car the week before my wedding.
Best vacations (in no particular order):
(1) driving to Utah with my grandparents when I was 10. My grandma packed a giant Tupperware tub full of cold carrot sticks and sandwiches, and my grandpa drove the entire way with his left indicator on.
(2) Rafting with Uncle Steve and our extended family.
(3) Yellowstone - both times.
(4) Moab with Andrew when we were very first married. We didn't do anything fancy, but spent some of the best time together just hiking around. What would it be like to have time alone again?
(5) Caravaning in Australia. We drove north up the east coast from Sydney to Cape Tribulation. If you ever get the chance, rent a bungalow or camp the night at Ellis Beach.
Guilty Pleasures
Andrew's mom just sent us a huge package of goodies from Australia. While Hana took a nap, and before Andrew came home, I ate two of them and hid the wrappers in the trash. Then I closed up the box and pretended we hadn't opened it yet.
Biggest Fears
(1) being asked to join a pickup basketball game
(2) murky water (really, just sharks)
I'm not sure how many people read our blog either, especially since I'm such a security freak, but I tag Andrew, Jane, Pat, Laura, and Melissa.
1 comment:
Now that was a FUN read! Good randomness! You seriously have GREAT ones! Breaking up the Denny's fight and repelling out of our bedroom window, roped to the toilet are the best! The bedroom window I think wins! Denny's wins the prize for most dangerous! You forgot to mention giving a ride home to one of the late nighters at dennys...that was a bit scary!
LOVE YOU! Thanks for posting...fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment